In The News...
- November 2013. City Pages' Sheila Regan offers a peek into THE BLUEPRINT PROJECT's developmental workshop.
- August 2013. EXPIRATION DATE is presented at the 2013 MN Fringe Festival in Minneapolis to glowing audience and critical response. A few publications and blogs who showed us love: MPR, Star Tribune, Pioneer Press called us a MUST SEE, Cherry & Spoon ranked us at the top of her Best of Fest round-up.
- August 2013. AfterLife is presented in conjunction with Jon Hassler Theater's Adventure Theater Festival: City Pages, Rochester Magazine (page 43), Rochester Post Bulletin.
- March 2013. SunsetGun is awarded a Community Arts Award from the Metropolitan Regional Arts Council for its development of new work BLUEPRINT
- January 2013. Minnesota Theater Alliance highlights SunsetGun as its January Member Feature.
- April 2012. Candy Simmons was interviewed by Ed Huyck of Minneapolis City Pages about the creation of her newest solo work EXPIRATION DATE. Ed also gave a thoughtful follow up performance review here.
- March 2012. Candy featured by fellow Minneapolis artist Laura Holway about her work and decision to hang her hat in the Twin Cities at her blog mildyminnesotan.com.
- December 2011. Candy receives a lovely review for her portrayal of Meredith in Alan Berks' and Company's HOW TO CHEAT.
- February 2011. Playwright Matthew Wells was interviewed by NYC theater blog, STAGEBUZZ.COM during our workshop of Scarlet Woman. Take a moment to read his thoughts on the creation process and the film-noir genre.