- A heart-bursting, gratifying run of EXPIRATION DATE at MN Fringe? Check!
- An inspiring week of teaching and creating at Tofte Lake Center in Ely, MN? Check!
- Sharing AfterLife with the rural community of Plainview, MN in conjunction with the first ever Adventure Theater Festival? Check!
And now the creative team and I prepare to jump into creation mode for our newest piece, BLUEPRINT, which we're hoping you'll lend a hand with. In a nutshell, the BLUEPRINT project is SGP's exploration of what it means to be an American woman today. "Well, gee Candy, that's a ridiculously enormous topic. How the hell are you going to do that?!" Well here's where you come in.
As our previous show EXPIRATION DATE was created, we're looking to collect interviews with community members to help construct and inform the piece as we begin creating text, video and movement scenes. Some of these will be in-person video interviews, some will be email and phone interviews, and we're hoping some of you may be willing to accept an interview assignment and submit videos you capture on your own of you, your friends and/or family. These videos can be as straightforward or as creative as you'd like. Oh, and this is a play about a woman's experience, but you lovely menfolk are a big part of that, so we'd love to have your voices heard too.
You: "Oooh, that sounds like fun, tell me more."
Me: "I was hoping you'd say that! Here's how it works..."
- Send an email to email@example.com and let me know you'd like to receive an interview assignment.
- I send you a few questions to answer.
- You either respond back via email OR (way more fun) video your response, your sister's response, your best friend's dad's response and submit it via a secure youtube account. Detailed video upload instructions here.
- As a thank you, you'll receive an invitation to the public showing of our first workshop in late November 2013 at Red Eye Theater in Minneapolis.
If you have any questions, or have an idea of a fascinating woman in your life who would lend a unique voice to the project that I may not reach via this method of outreach, please let me know.